Hawiarska Koliba - Forum

Klub Organizatorów i Sympatyków Turystyki "Hawiarska Koliba" przy Akademii Górniczo-Hutniczej
Dzisiaj jest 18 cze 2018, 11:08

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
Nowicjusz

Hi,

Travel question: How much is it worth to you to have a shorter flight?
Context: I'm going to Seattle in April for a weekend to visit a friend (and go see Radiohead in concert). Seattle is nearly as far away from me (TPA) as it is possible to be and still be in the continental United States.
It's fairly easy to get flights from here to there. United, in particular, can get me there with one layover at IAH for either ~$430 (~2.5 hr layover, ~10 hr total travel time one way) or ~$510 (~1 hr layover, ~8 hr total travel time one way). Either way, it's ~8 hrs on the way back.
On the other hand, the only airline flying direct, daily flights from TPA to SEA is Alaska. That would cut down the travel time significantly (~6.5 hr there, ~5.25 hr back), but it's also more expensive at ~$565.
The ingrained cheapskate in me automatically leans toward the cheaper option, regardless of travel time. However, if I'm seriously looking at the travel time, the layover, the hassle of simply moving about in various airports, all that... the extra cost to take Alaska starts looking better. Is it really worthwhile, though? It's not like I'm on a "time is money" kind of trip, and the specific arrival/departure times aren't really a big deal to me (apart from being able to be home at a reasonable enough hour that I don't have to take an additional day off from work just to recover).What would you do?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... &t=1372239
Product Video Production Services

Thank you.

Odpowiedz z cytatem  
Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]